A giant color-blocked popsicle piñata, rainbow popsicle pool rafts, adorable sweet treats galore… take one quick peek at the images below and I think you’ll understand why “Happy” (by Pharrel Williams) was stuck in my head while working on this post! ;)
This bright & modern Popsicle Pool Party was styled by Courtney Adams Design for her daughter Parker’s 2nd birthday celebration and features tons of awesome popsicle party printables (including the birthday girl’s iron-on shirt design) created by Heather Dalton of Chickabug. I love the overall “contemporary meets crafty” vibe and clever use of budget-friendly items like pool noodles, which played a big role at this party in more than one way… check out the fun DIY dessert table backdrop and ring toss game!
P.S. For more party goodness from Courtney and Heather, check out Parker’s Glam Nautical 1st Birthday too!
PARTY HIGHLIGHTS to look out for:
- Colorful DIY popsicle garland table backdrop make from pool noodles
- Tub of “Grab & Play” beach balls, popsicle pool floats, & Pool Noodle Ring Toss game
- Color-blocked popsicle cookies (by Flourish Sweet Shop) + color-blocked popsicle pinata
- Super cute homemade popsicle brownies with colored candy melt “drips”
- Tiny popsicle cupcake toppers (made from Mike & Ike candy & toothpicks!)
PARTY DETAILS, as told by Heather…
This bright and happy popsicle pool party is the beautiful work of my friend and customer, Courtney Adams of Courtney Adams Design. Courtney used her interior design talents and eye for style to create this birthday party for her two-year-old daughter, Parker.
With great finds from various vendors and stores (those popsicle cookies! The popsicle pool rafts!) and some seriously cute DIY decor, Courtney packed the party full of unique touches and lots of themed goodies. Guests enjoyed a nacho bar, cupcakes, and custom gourmet popsicles, and adult guests helped themselves to piña coladas.
Birthday girl Parker was absolutely adorable in her custom shirt, tutu and crown headband – until it was time to join her party guests in the pool!
- Popsicle Backdrop: DIY via Oh Happy Day
- Popsicle Pinata: DIY via Oh Happy Day
- Popsicle Cupcake Toppers: DIY via Party Pinching
- Popsicle Brownies: Homemade
- Party Styling: Courtney Adams Design
- Photography: Monica Torres Photography
- Invitations, water bottle labels, stickers, and iron-on shirt design: Chickabug
- DIY printable party favor tags, signs, and buffet cards: Chickabug
- Cookies: Flourish Sweet Shop
- Party favors: Party City
- Popsicle crafts: Oriental Trading (no longer available)
- “Birthday Girl” bloomers: A one-of-a-kind find at a consignment event
- Bow and crown headband & tutu: Mud Pie
- Beach Balls & Mini Beach Balls: Oriental Trading
- Mini Beach Balls: Oriental Trading
- Mini Pinatas: Target
- Custom (real, edible) popsicles: Pop Star
- Pineapple and cherry toothpicks (in the skewers): Party City
- Pool noodle ring toss: DIY Project via SheKnows
- Popsicle pool rafts: Five Below